Monday, August 30, 2010

Fireplace Damage

When I was little my family would always go over for dinner at my grandparent’s house where they have an old fireplace in their living room with a marble lining. After dinner one night I was headed into the living room when I tripped right into the fireplace and sliced my forehead into the edge of the marble. Feeling my forehead go numb I was rushed into the bathroom where I discovered a deep line in the middle of my forehead gushing blood. Then finally the pain hit me and I started bawling and bouncing up and down trying to make the stinging go away. I can still remember my aunt standing there next to me crying and dabbing at my forehead with a paper towel. I was patched up immediately but to this day I still have a thin line resting in the center of my forehead. But lucky for me as I grow older my scar fades away.

No comments:

Post a Comment